The 4th International Conference on Water Economics, Statistics, And Finance, organised by the Specialist Group on Statistics and Economics will be held in the beautiful southern capital of Chile, Santiago City, 26 to 28, April 2017.
Subjects and topics
Water policy-makers, water users of all sectors and scientists and academics, water utilities managers, consultants and other water professionals from all over the world are invited to reflect, debate and present state-of-the art oral and poster presentations related to the leading challenges in water management, supply and sanitation, finance and policy, from an economics, statistical, and financial framework.
Main target-topics are:
Water resources management:
- Sustainable management of water resources
- Decision-making frameworks that are appropriate under increasing uncertainties due to climate change
- Disaster risk management (droughts and flooding)
- Economics of water security
- Sustainable groundwater management
Water governance, regulation, and institutional frameworks:
- Tools for good governance
- Indicators for good water governance
- Case studies of good water governance
Water statistics and data collection methods:
- Data-collection strategy
- Data sources and methods
- Metadata and data quality
Urban water supply and sanitation:
- Financing urban water and sanitation utilities
- Efficient water tariff structures and affordability
- Assessing urban water and sanitation utility’s performance
- IWRM approach applied in an urban context
Rural water supply and sanitation:
- Shift from traditional rural supply approaches focused on infrastructure provision towards the supply of a reliable service in the long run
- Sustainability for basic rural sanitation
- Financial policy for rural water and sanitation
Agricultural water management:
- Improving agricultural water productivity
- Adaptation strategies for agricultural water management under climate change
- Environmental impacts of agricultural water management
Submitted papers will be presented in oral or poster platform and selected papers will be peer reviewed to be published in scientific journals. Abstracts must be submitted on 15 August 2016.
Procedure for submission
Authors may submit online a long abstract (max. 800 words) in a standard format.
For guidelines on formatting and to find out other information about the conference, visit http://water2017.contactochilecom.cl
The following information should be included in your submission:Author’s name and affiliation;
- Topic (from list presented in page 3);
- Title of presentation;
- Preferred type of presentation (oral or poster);
- Three to five Key Words (to help with identification);
- Contact person’s e-mail address, postal address, and telephone and fax numbers.
On the basis of the proposals submitted, a review will be undertaken to select papers for presentation (oral or poster). Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review in order to prepare the full papers. Submissions should demonstrate special contribution to the advance in knowledge regarding the conference topics. At least one author for each selected paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
Authors must meet their own expenses to attend the conference.
See more in the First call for papers Water Economics Statistics and Finance